Working At Cyan
Here at Cyan, we have a creative studio atmosphere, a great group of friendly developers, and challenging game projects that we are all passionate about. Help us build new worlds and create the next great adventure titles in the spirit of Myst, Riven, and Obduction.
From time to time, Cyan has a need for additional talented folks to join us in building new worlds for all to explore. If we are actively recruiting, the positions we are seeking to hire for will be listed below.
Recently an individual has been posing as an HR recruiter from Cyan and has been contacting people in an attempt to run a fairly common phishing scam. We will never attempt to recruit anyone through a non-branded email address (@gmail.com… @hotmail… @yahoo… etc.), or solicit interviews/job applications through external chat applications. All communications from us in the recruiting process will be sent directly from @cyan.com email addresses, and any job openings will be posted here on this page as well.
We are looking for an experienced 3D Environment Artist who is highly collaborative, communicative, and self-motivated. The ideal candidate will be responsible for producing raw assets, developing polished game spaces, and maintaining a high level of quality throughout. 3D Generalists with proven excellence using Unreal Engine 4 are preferred.
This position is full-time and can be a permanent work-from-home position if desired by a qualified applicant. Due to COVID-19, we have all been working from home anyway. When it is deemed safe to work from an office environment again, all employees who live in the Spokane, WA area will be welcome to work from the office. Please note that all full-time applications must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Benefits
- 401K Access
- Creative, Collaborative Work Environment
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Company-Subsidized Learning Resources
- Personal Peripheral Stipend
- Produce game-ready assets through the production pipeline including but not limited to:
- High/Low poly modeling
- UV unwrapping
- Texture map baking authoring
- Modular scene assembly
- Work collaboratively, under the guidance of the studio Creative Director, Development Director, Art Director, and other members of the Art, Programming, and QA teams to help make the workflow as efficient and productive as possible.
- Learn & utilize custom toolsets and workflows specific to the requirements of the project.
- Maintain flexibility and a positive attitude while working on a wide range of tasks.
- Informally mentor/advise other art team members (as the need arises).
- Take ownership of assets/areas produced, and make revisions as necessary.
- Be conscious of production schedules, and be responsible for meeting milestone deadlines.
- Advanced proficiency in DCC packages such as 3DSMax/Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter/Designer, Photoshop, etc.
- Fluency in modern game-art production methodology and techniques.
- Strong visual eye for composition, lighting, and detail/polish.
- Ability to work with minimal direction, take initiative, and adapt to evolving project needs.
- Excellent communication skills. Responsive and timely both in person and when written.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Proven Unreal Engine expertise.
- 3DS Max expertise preferred.
- Previously shipped commercial game titles on multiple platforms.
- Familiarity with SVN (or similar version control systems).
- Previous experience in Adventure, Puzzle, and/or First Person game development.
- A passion for Art and Games.
NO FILE ATTACHMENTS WILL BE REVIEWED! Please provide all relevant portfolio work and resume/CV documents in easily-accessible web-based resources. (Websites, online portfolios, embedded YouTube videos, etc.) Applicants without a link to their portfolio/website WILL NOT be considered.
Job Shadow/Internship Policy
We are not accepting applications for job shadows or internships at this time.
About Our HQ Location
Cyan is based in Spokane – a city of roughly a half a million people – located in eastern Washington (the sunny side of the state) in the foothills of the Bitterroot Mountains. The sky is high, and the cost of living is low. It’s less than an hour drive to Coeur d’Alene, Idaho (a beautiful lake resort area); a 45 minute flight to Seattle; a day’s drive to Yellowstone, Glacier, and Banff Springs National parks; a half-day flight to Hawaii; and a world away from the rat race.